Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Summer Is Finally Here

Memorial Day- This year, Pat and Abby hosted a cook out for the holiday. It was fun to spend a day with Jordan's family, and eat a lot of good food (namely, Carole's oatmeal cookies-OMG!)



Summertime- The weather is finally warmer and our nights have been filled with more fires, can jam, and fun. So. So. Thankful. I've officially had my first bike at Eagle Creek, first swim at Lake Maxinhall, and a lot more evening runs(which are my favorite.)



Work Friends-I'm always thankful that I work with awesome people, but extra thankful that they're fun to be with outside of work. Shelby hosted a taco night last Friday, and we had a blast. Dani and I swam after work and then headed over and ate A LOT and played can jam...which has proven to be a good investment. So glad that Jordan and I have friends that we can laugh and be ridiculous with.


Family- Last week, April and Andy graduated high school, what?! It is crazy how quickly they have grown up. April ended up being the valedictorian, and gave her speech in front of thousands of people and did an amazing job! They're grad party was on Saturday, and it was fun to see them interact with all of their friends.


Prayer Book- Loving this book and disciplining myself to practice this more.


No Oly This Year- This has been a super stressful/silly decision to make. The more and more that I do triathlon and strive to live a healthy life, I'm learning a lot about myself. It's funny how you think you know yourself so well, but long runs, swims, and bike rides reveal a lot about yourself TO yourself. The time that it would require someone of my athleticism to do well in an Olympic distance is A LOT of time- not a ton, but more than I'm willing to give up. At first, I thought I was just being wimpy, but it's more than that. I hate being really exhausted when I get home and wanting to go right to bed. I hate feeling guilty about having to skip workouts in order to be with family. Hating myself and feeling guilty is not what this is about and it's not worth it. I'm happy to do sprint tris and do them well. I felt a lot of peace about this on Sunday, and then Brittany confirmed my feelings when I saw her later that day. So thankful for friends. And Triathlon. And loving myself more when I'm happier and not stressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment