Sunday, August 14, 2016

August Craziness

August has literally flown by. These two weeks have gone super fast...mostly from being busy, but I like to blame the fact that Jordan is cranking out the last part of this semester like a boss. It feels like every week is a step closer to the goal...and the faster we get through, the faster it's done. I hate living life in this mode, but right now, it feels like the best survival mechanism. Regardless, there is still a lot to be thankful for in our life. 

Community East-The hospital where I work is currently undergoing a total overhaul. The hospital is the oldest in the city, and is in desperate need of an update. In addition, it's the 65th anniversary of it being built. While it sounds countercultural, I really like where I work and the role that the hospital plays in the east side. It always feels "homey" and like the people who frequent the halls really need it. Not every hospital feels that way. Last week, they had a picnic to celebrate and it had me feeling all the feels. It felt real and genuine, and it made me proud to see the president of the hospital passing out meal containers to employees and people in the community. It felt judgment free and out of the norm...I liked it. So I sat under a tree and ate my free meal and felt proud of where I worked. 


 Instagram- Oh, Insta. Instagram leads to a lot of comparing and wishing I had a lot of material things, but every once and a while there's a gem of wisdom. This particular one hit me hard...and I'm trying to look at it on the daily to remind myself that forgiveness wins, and going the extra mile is worth it.

The Olympics- I. Love. The. Olympics. I'm a total sucker for the sappy commercials, the gossip about the athletes, the ridiculous pageantry, and the country pride. I love it all. The memory of Bob Costas getting pink eye in Russia will be a forever favorite. Jordan's about over it...one week in and he's done. Sorry, Jordy...there's a whole week left. 

Ray LaMontagne- On our first anniversary, Jordan bought us tickets to see Ray at White River State Park. It's still one of my favorite memories, so when I heard he was coming back, I kept an eye out for cheap tickets. I eventually found some the day before on Craig's List (Jordan was not happy with this decision...2 years after our first anniversary, Jordan isn't shy to tell me that he would much rather pay extra $$ than be inconvenienced. Oh marriage.) We met up with Corey and Brittany at the concert. It was an interesting night. Apparently Ray's voice was going out, so he did a lot more playing than singing. It was fun, but not great. Regardless, it was a beautiful night filled with lots of laughs. 



 Ft. Ben-I'm still tri training for GoGirl. While I still see myself as a "newbie" to the tri world, it's so crazy to think about my training this year compared to last. I could have never ran 3 miles without stopping last summer...like, not at all. Ft. Ben has been the an awesome addition to training. It's beautiful, and I'm soaking in the last part of the summer.


TPCC Downtown-So so excited. Yay for downtown, city sounds, old church smells, acoustic worship, great friends, good messages, and God centered teaching.

 This past Thursday was the first "gathering" at the church. Since we have joined Trader's, Jordan and I have still longed for a smaller atmosphere where you could be familiar with more faces and get more connected on Sunday mornings. Even though we've only been once, I can tell that this will be a great place for us. It's not just about us...but I think God wants us to be fulfilled in our church, and this will just add to that. Jordan and I continue to figure out what our life looks like in the future, and Jeremiah 29 points us in the direction we should be going. 




No comments:

Post a Comment