- Lead Children's Large Group: Jordan and I are teaming up to lead once a month at the downtown campus. We felt called to this, and are excited for the challenge.
- Complete An Olympic Tri: I had this as a goal for last year, and it didn't get accomplished. Honestly, I didn't believe that I could do it. After watching a full Ironman, and doing some soul searching, I'm far more excited to accomplish this than I was last year.
- Complete A Half Marathon: I've already signed up for the Monumental Half in November. I'm excited to challenge myself with this. I've done it twice, and I want to make my third one the best!
- Go To Vincennes Every 2 Months: It's difficult to make it home regularly, and we want to make this more of a priority.
- Take A "Real" Vacation: We haven't taken a vacation that's not a mission trip since we've been married. We're hoping to use some of our Christmas money to take a trip West and do some hiking!
- Read 6 Books: I love listening to books and podcasts, but I'm wanting to make more time for stillness and reading.
- The 5 Love Languages
- His Needs, Her Needs
- Made To Crave
- Present Over Perfect
- The Book of Forgiving
- Create Daily Quiet Time: I stress out on the daily that I'm not a morning person like Jordan-he is so good about getting up early and reading/praying. I've fully accepted that I love my sleep, and at this moment in my life it's not my jam. Therefore, I'm committing myself to carve out time each day to be quiet and pray, even if that means turning of the podcasts during my drive home, or sitting in the car for ten minutes before I come inside.
Monday, January 2, 2017
2017 Goals
Last year, I had a really hard time setting goals. I couldn't get aligned with what felt most important to me-I never had a moment of clarity. While it certainly wasn't a wasted year, I never felt a clear sense of accomplishment. This year, I had a very clear moment where I sat down and wrote exactly what was on my heart. I'm hoping these goals point me in the right direction so that I can love God, love the people around me, and love myself well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment