Sunday, January 14, 2018

It's So Cold...

2018 is here...and it's cold. And snowy. And icy. I'm already over it. I'm ready for sunshine and 70 degrees and walks after work. But for now, I'll embrace the cold...and wear lots of scarves and layers.

1. Speaking of the cold...we experienced Top Golf for the first time on one of the coldest days of the year. To celebrate Corey's 30th birthday, we met a group of his friends and co-workers at 8pm and played golf til 10:30. It got COLD. At the end of the night it was -1. They have heaters, and it's supposed to be "climate controlled." But, trying to be accurate in boots, mittens, hats, and multiple layers is interesting...and did I mention that most of his friends could be pro-golfers if they tried? It was hilarious, and we will never forget it! Happy birthday, Corey!





 2. We spent Saturday afternoon a bit warmer. We met up with Lauren and Dani and watched a Butler basketball game. It was a blast. It was fun to meet Lauren, hang out with Dani, and I love all things Indiana basketball. Duh.

 3. How great is this barn owl?! This guy was just hanging out on the way to Aaron's on Saturday night.

4. This article. It's great. I cried in my car. "Remember, if something is making you miserable, you do have the power to change it-in work or love or whatever it may be. Have the guts to change. You don't know how much time you've got on this earth so don't waste it being miserable." Amen and amen.
http://www.samanthawillsfoundation.org/contributors/2018/1/6/holly-butcher-1990-2018 

5. Jordan. Anyone who knows him knows that he's the best. On Friday he knew that I needed a low-key date night...and some tequila. These mundane nights are my favorite. We were both asleep by 8:30. It was amazing.

6. Leading large group was so fun this weekend. Getting to know Dennis, Makayla, Ryan and the other volunteers better is so great. And again, leading with Jordan is the best. Praising God today for learning through innocent children, learning from leaders and other volunteers, and giving me peace. 

1st graders are my favorite. 

How sweet is this?!

No comments:

Post a Comment