Sunday, February 11, 2018

That Didn't Last Long...

     Well, the heat wave is gone. It seems like it has snowed/iced/rained consistently the past few weeks, leaving little time for sunshine or warmth. Honestly, life has been a little dark and cold lately. Knox County has lost a large number of young people to tragedy in the last few weeks. All the of the situations tragic and hard to understand. Clay, Phillip, Meghan and Breezy all leave behind sweet families, and my heart hurts for them-the cold dark days definitely don't help. There have been a lot of tears and a lot of sadness. I'm counting down the days until I can put the parka away and feel some grass under my feet!

Family Weekends: I'm grateful that Danny and Emily live close enough to visit every few weekends. We at delicious Thai food, played board games and laughed a lot.


A 4 brother pile-up-some things never change!
 Jordan Joined A Soccer League: Jordan is playing at an indoor soccer league in Greenwood this spring. He's playing goalie, and it's so fun to see him enjoy it and get competitive.

Out Of Line: I've found a new favorite podcast. Out Of Line is a perfect balance of practical/spiritual/ LA woowoo/personal development that I love. Listening to it makes me want to start a podcast of my own. I felt compelled to message her on instagram and was so flattered when I got a message back and a "shout out" on her insta story. It's the little things...


 Sweet Silas: I was able to pick up Silas from daycare this week, which was so fun. His sweet nature could melt the hardest heart. Love that we are able to get to know and love on these sweet kiddos.


 Super Bowl: Eagles won, Patriots lost. I think Jordan was almost as happy as if the Bears had won. I couldn't resist this amazing headline from The Onion.


 Survey: This is random, but I took a survey this week(in hopes of winning something.) This question stopped me. It made me realize how much more we could be doing to experience life fully. I spend way too much time on social media, I'm bad at taking vacation days, and I'm bad at intentionally planning experiences. This list is becoming a sort of "goals" for 2018.



 Weekend: I made a trip back to Vincennes to watch Mikayla cheer, celebrate my old band director's retirement, and of course...to get my hair cut. It was a super nostalgic experience, and it felt good to be surrounded by the familiarity of my hometown and my old teachers(yes, I was weirdly close with a number of my teachers-I would much rather catch up with them than my peers...I was that kid.)

Adding to the loss that my hometown has experienced, I recently lost a patient that I had been taking care of for over 4 years. While I rarely go to patient funerals, Russ was an exception. I would never miss celebrating his life. After the celebration, Shelby, Jordan, Sandy, and I went to Blue, a new sushi place on the north side. Since we were there early in the night, we took advantage of the happy hour menu and pigged out. It was delicious, and we will definitely be back!  Russ would have been glad that we treated ourselves and enjoyed delicious food.


House Hunting: The Bushnell fam is in house buying mode. Aaron and Erica have put their house on the market, and we are riding the home buying roller coaster. We've already gone to see one, had our hearts broken by one, and have spent hours staring at listings in frustration. So....wish us all luck.

We watched Katie for a few hours while Aaron and Erica went to open houses. Katie wouldn't leave Jordan alone, and it was the cutest. She even joined in on the house hunting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment