Sunday, June 17, 2018

Three Months

It's been three months since I've written a word. Honestly, it's been three months since I've felt like writing a word. It's taken me 27 years to realize that I'm really bad at transitions-especially big ones.  After a winter of not being in my normal routine(thanks PF), to buying a house, to deciding to go back to grad school...by April my head was spinning. The depression was real, and I'm just now starting to feel alive again. Rather than trying to re-cap all of what the past two months have held, a picture review will have to do.

The final tipping point...
This text was literally a sign from God. Do it. Go back. Suck it up. 

Celebrating everything in our life group-babies, jobs, marriage, and houses! 
 Happy Easter 2018!

Good to be with family if Jordan has to work. 
 A whole winter of not being able to do the physical activity I wanted to do...followed by by depression...started me into a pretty vicious cycle.


 WE BOUGHT A HOUSE!!!
We closed on April 5th. As much stress as it was, I will always cherish the house buying journey. This was one of our first BIG journeys together, and I will never forget it! 



Our work in progress...






Mikayla's senior prom!





Lots of time with the nieces this spring! Love them!




Congratulations Joe and Allison!!!!
We had a super fun time celebrating Joe and Allison as a group(minus Corey and Brittany who were loving their new little!)...we didn't know that Baby Lane would join us a few hours later!


I DELIVERED KATIE'S BABY! WHAAAATTTTT????????
Call it fate, maybe the midwife didn't leave soon enough, maybe Katie wasn't panicky enough...but Lane arrived at 12:56 on May 20th...13 minutes after I arrived to their place. Lane arrived with only the three of us, in a humble toilet closet. I will never ever forget that. Katie, you are a rockstar. Noel, how were you that calm? Lane, welcome to the world...thanks for making it easy on me. 


How adorable is baby Kennedy Kime?! You are so so loved!
Kennedy came only 3 days before Lane, on May 17th!
 Curtains on 7101 Apt. 1C! I will always love this apartment. It's full of all the memories we made as a newly married couple. So many tears, struggles, and lessons learned inside those walls. 


This road. I will always remember it. This road made me an athlete. 

Just when I was feeling sad about the end of our apartment life, our new neighbor let me cut some gorgeous peonies. 

My favorite. 

The day we drove through the end of the rainbow...

It's summer at the Bushnell farm, and the girls playing in the baby pool are my FAVORITE! 
 MIKAYLA GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!!
This is absolute madness. I can't believe how old, mature, smart, and beautiful she is! 
The Burch era at SK has come to an end. There were so. many. tears.

It's finally swimming season at Lake Max! Yaaaasssssssss
WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 5 YEARS!!!
There are so many things I could say...so many tears I could cry...what I will say, is that God has blessed us beyond what we could ever deserve. I'm so glad that he chooses me every day. He loves me so well. He is my rock. I love you, Jordan Robert.  

Italian street fair. A fun way to spend our anniversary. 

We're obviously built for the night life...it was 8pm. 

Annual dinner with Uncle Paul...Lemon Butter Cake with ice cream and balsamic mint reduction. Yuuuummmmm...
 While I made a trip to Vincennes during a stay-cations, I stopped by my grandparents house. So many sweet memories. I cried...a lot. I also spent a lot of time in gratitude for my childhood. 


My grandmother's recipe book. 

How gorgeous is that view?


Community All Team Experience! Jaclyn rocked her spoken word. Friend, you are so so talented.
Thankful to work at an organization that values valuing their employees-no matter how cheesy it may seem. 

Our actual 5 year celebration was a dinner at Vida! Oh. My. Goodness. It was a dream. Weirdly, our server had just been our server at Cafe Patechou the week before...and Bob Cratchit in the Christmas Carole this past December. It was hilarious. As he was asking us about the dish, all I could imagine was him hauling Tiny Tim around the stage. 
Course 1:
  • BEEF TARTARE

    quail egg, radish, caper berry, bone marrow, baguette
  • OCTOPUS

    white bean, spanish chorizo, tomato sofrito, globe basil
  • Course 2:
  • WALL GREENS SALAD
  • radish, apple, basil vinegar, mustard seed, honey pea, creamy herb dressing
  • FOIE GRAS

    ramp pain perdu, blueberry-horseradish jam, pistachio butter, charred onion 
  • Course 3:
  • LAMB

    fava bean, duck fat potato, crunchy olive, caramelized shallot
  • SCALLOPS

    parmesan creamed arugula, charred vidalia, aprium, asparagus, potato crisps
  • Dessert:
    bourbon maple glaze, candied bacon, maple cream, brown butter ice cream



No comments:

Post a Comment