Sunday, December 20, 2015

Weekend Festivities

This weekend was the true beginning of the holiday craziness. It was a great weekend spent with family and friends, but it's safe to say that we are exhausted and it was time for bed at 7pm on Sunday.

Thursday
Every Thursday, we meet with our Life Group. For Christmas, we decided to forgo a traditional party and indulge in delicious Greek food at Santorini's. The food was amazing and the company was great. We are so thankful to get together every week and be able to have honest and fun conversation with awesome people that continually push us to be better. Diane announced that she has decided to go back to school and pursue her administration license at Butler. So excited for her, and for our group in 2016.


Friday
Mikayla made homecoming court and was one of two sophomore attendants. On Friday I made the trip back to Vincennes to attend the game-Jordan had to work, so I was solo. It is so funny/sentimental to go back to Vincennes now. I've found that I have finally adjusted to the "big city" way of living, and now find it so odd that making a trip to the grocery store involves interacting with AT LEAST 5 people that you've known you're whole life. The way that timing worked out, I ended up following my childhood school bus for about a mile back to my parent's house. The bus stopped at the mailbox, and the driver stopped to put a Coke and Christmas candy into the mailbox since my sister wasn't riding that day. This brought back so many memories of my bus driver Debbie giving us a Coke, orange, and Snickers bar in a paper bag every year for Christmas. This moment made me really miss the small town life.




Mikayla looked gorgeous. I officially felt old watching my "baby sister" walk out onto the floor. She has grown up so much in the past few years, and it's so fun to watch her interact with friends-she is so popular, and it cracks me up. Again, it was weird/sentimental to watch a game in the SK gym-so many good memories came flooding back.

Saturday
Saturday was my favorite. Jordan found out Friday afternoon that he OFFICIALLY passed his final, and all of his classes for the semester-I couldn't wait to come home and celebrate with him. After I got home from Vincennes, we lounged around and I got to enjoy my husband-stress free husband- the rest of the night. I love this man so much, and I'm thankful for a full month without school that we can enjoy each other without the worries of papers and grades.

Sunday
On Sunday, Jordan and I volunteered with 56. They had a Christmas celebration and it was fun to be with these hilarious kiddos. I will never forget that I had to tell Matt Hasselbeck's son to be quiet during worship-whoops! (Tell your dad I'm a fan, Henry!)

 After church, we has Bushnell family Christmas. It is crazy to think that this is the last Christmas without any grandkids-next year will be a totally different experience. We had burritos for lunch, and per the usual, Carole fixed a CRAZY spread. We all ate wayyyy too much. We opened hilarious gag gifts-Jordan got a McDonald's happy meal-best dirty santa gift ever. I ended up with a nerf gun-the men were all jealous. We all exchanges secret santa gifts as well. I am so blessed that I ended up in such a generous and loving family, it continues to blow me away. Most of the day was spent talking about how to get Baby Bushnell to make her appearance-pressure points, walking, spicy food...we covered it all. There was also A LOT of football watching, shooting guns, and working on a massive puzzle. Oh...and the selfie stick was too much fun.







No comments:

Post a Comment