The week of Christmas was absolute craziness. Jordan had to work Monday and Tuesday, and I was lucky enough to have Christmas Eve AND Christmas off...this was the first time we have been able to spend both days together since we've started dating-it was amazing.
Monday
Monday was a crazy day at work, and I was thankful that halfway through the day Brit texted to ask if I wanted to try out a new cycle class at the new CityWay YMCA. The class was a serious workout, the bikes were nice and new, and it was great to have Brit push me. I am so thankful to have Brit as a friend that I can share about my day, we can laugh, and be ridiculous-and it doesn't require a ton of effort-that's the key. AND-Abby decided to go into the hospital to start the induction process. We went to bed knowing that Abby was 4cm and baby was on her way!
Tuesday
It was easy to wake up on Tuesday-we were so anxious to know if baby had made her appearance. Jordan and I were both up at 5:30-him for work, and I had a dentist appointment(boo)-we had a text waiting on us that Abby had labored all night, and due to baby having a "big head" haha Abby was going to need a c-section. About 30 minutes later we got the adorable video of her first baby cries. We were so grateful that baby and Abby were both safe and healthy.
We were both able to meet baby Ellie after work. Ellie Jo is PERFECT! And Abby is a champ-seriously-she is so strong and is going to be an amazing mom!
 |
| Uncle Jordan meeting baby Ellie |
After meeting baby, Jordan and I were able to have a date night at our favorite Mexican place. I love that Jordan and I share the same profession-hearing about his day is my favorite part of the day.
Wednesday
Wednesday after work we were able to meet Jordan's parents and Justin and City BBQ for dinner, and tag along with them to see baby Ellie for a second time! She has everyone's heart.
 |
| Those eyes... |
 |
| Grandpa meeting Ellie |
Thursday-Christmas Eve
Since we both had the day off, we decided to join my side of the family and go to my aunt's house in Jasonville, IN. It was fun to drive down and spend an hour dreaming about our future together. Jasonville is...interesting. It feels like going back 50 years, instantly. We only see this side of the family max twice a year, so conversation doesn't come very easily. It's effort... Once we got to gift opening time, everything got a little easier. One of my cousins had gotten everyone "ear candles" to try out. This ended up being the highlight of the night-Haley was the guinea pig and let us try them out on her.
 |
| Oh Haley... |
We were absolutely exhausted after driving all day. Danny and Emily were nice enough to host us for the night. It was fun/weird to spend the night at Terry and Carole's again after thinking we wouldn't. I was fighting a cold, so I was just glad to have a bed.
Friday-Christmas Day
We woke up to Christmas Day being 62 degrees-the warmest Christmas since 1982. My mom loves to walk in Fox Ridge Nature Park-the old golf course. She met us that morning and we got in a seeerious walk before the day even started....so hilly.
 |
| Christmas Morning at Fox Ridge |
 |
| Seriously...how is this December 25th? |
After our walk, we went to my parents for Christmas dinner and gifts.
 |
| Lucky and Jack's Christmas Presents |
 |
| Haley and Jordan tackle an advanced puzzle...hahahaha |
It was fun to spend the day with my family. Mikayla was anxious to go to her boyfriend's family, and Haley was ready to spend time with Alyce by the end of the day. We left for home around 5 and had a quick drive home. We decided on the way that we wanted to get Chinese food for dinner and watch "A Christmas Story."
 |
| This was the busiest I have ever seen Hong Kong... #fararararahhhh |
 |
Our final big cheat meal...worth it.
|
After dinner, we fell asleep almost instantly. I am so grateful to have such a healthy, loving, and giving family. We are incredibly lucky. My final Christmas gift was to have my cold turn into the full blown flu at 2am on Saturday morning-I woke up FREEZING with a temp...boo. I am so lucky to have Jordan who instantly jumped into nurse mode and took amazing care of me. Here's to hoping that this sickness moves on quickly... Merry Christmas!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment