The end of this week and weekend were packed. Packed in a good way! All of the craziness left me exhausted, but left my heart so full.
TPCC Downtown: I have been waiting for this moment for a long time. When we moved to Indy, we started attending Trader's Point-which I liked for many reasons...but not for the size. I hated that you very rarely saw the same people every week. Some would argue that the more you got involved, the more people you know- but even then, it never felt very personal. I missed seeing the same people every week, getting hugs, knowing what was going on in peoples lives. Whenever they introduced the idea of smaller campuses that were closer to home, I was thrilled. We've been preparing for the transition for several months, and this weekend we finally started at the actual campus.
On Thursday, we met at the building and were able to tour before Sunday morning. We had specific training to the kid's area and had worship and a short teaching from Petie afterwards. The tears started to flow pretty immediately. To see how great the building looked was amazing, but mainly it was emotional to be surrounded by people we have come to know and love-to know that this will be our church for a long time-to think that the next years of our lives with this church. It felt like coming home.
Sunday was amazing (minus the fact that Jordan had to work.) Over 1,600 people came downtown, and over 42 were baptized. I ended up sitting next to a volunteer that we have met through the library and Brittany. It was so nice to be surrounded by people I knew and loved. Yay for an amazing first service. Can't wait to see what God will do!
Jaclyn's Last Day/Jim's Birthday: Jacyln's last day was Friday....nooooooooooooooo. She will be so missed. I've really enjoyed getting to know, work with, and be nerdy with Jaclyn. She is so caring and will be missed greatly at our office.
On Friday we also celebrated Jim's birthday-he turned 90 on Monday. Jim is the quietest, kindest, most gentle man I have ever met. Even though he can't hear a thing, it always warms my heart to see him twice a week. In some weird way, it makes me feel like I get a second chance to be kind, gentle and patient with my grandparents.
Friday Date: Jordan worked like a crazy person last week. On top of a job interview, he had 3 clinical days, one class day, and worked the weekend. He is amazing, and needed a night to relax. At the last minute, we decided to go to the Fuel game and get a drink before at KSR. It was a fun adventure. We ended up sitting with the crew from CRCC-S for the 2nd part of the game which was fun. So grateful for a husband to date, and the fact that we have the time and means to go at and have a good time.
Ughhhh: On Saturday, after the looooongest trip to Kroger, I was getting ready to pull out of my space, when a 16 year-old who was trying to park scraped my bumper. She was extremely apologetic and embarrassed, but I was just tired and frustrated. #firstworldproblems
No comments:
Post a Comment