Last weekend was packed, but it was amazing. On Sunday night, I thought, "Wow. It feels like I've been on vacation and now I have to go back to work." That's when you know it was a good weekend.
Care Community: Last Wednesday, I met with Laura to learn more about the leader role that I'm stepping into with the care community. It was great to meet, get to know, and learn from her. She has a heart for the Lord, and I can't wait to get to know her better.
On Sunday we got to meet our family for the first time. We spent the afternoon playing with 3 of the cutest kids I've ever met. My heart is so full of love for this family. This momma needs some serious love and a break from her crazy life.
| Excited for this Lent devotional. Isiah is intense. |
456: This was the first Sunday that Jordan and I led the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade class at the new downtown location. The first service was kind of a mess, but the second one went so much better. I love love looooove serving with Jordan. I know I say it all the time, but it's one of my favorite things.
After church, we had some time to kill, so we ate lunch downtown and hung out at the circle. We decided to climb the 300ish stairs to the top of the Soldier's and Sailor's Monument. It was funny, tiring, and hilarious.
| I'm still laughing at this sign. |
After church, lunch, and meeting our care family, we went to Dani's for dinner. We had planned to dinner Saturday night, but due to some pesky mice...we postponed to Sunday night. Dani fixed a delicious dinner and let us hand out for far too long. So thankful for her and her friendship.
My Job: I've been thinking a lot about my job this week. In September I will have been at CRCC-E for 4 years. I have learned so much and have met so many amazing people at this job. While the job itself sometimes wears on me, I can't help but be overwhelmed with thankfulness for the ways this job has blessed me. I've become the nurse I am today, met a best friend, found my strength, and learned to truly embrace my faith.
| This is Lucy, when I started my job 4 years ago, I never thought that I would jump in to babysit an NP's sick kiddo. |
No comments:
Post a Comment