Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Pivot

In my mind, June has been the month of the "pivot." Our lives haven't changed drastically, but with Jordan passing boards and starting his new job, our plans and thoughts have started to change toward the future...looking at houses etc. So, June has been interesting...an adjustment and pivot.

2 Years: The beginning of June marked 2 years that I've been training for triathlon. Realizing this brought up so many emotions. Bottom line, triathlon has changed me for the good and has taught me more than I know. So thankful for this journey. 


A reminder that triathlon will always throw something new at you when you least expect it. 


Becky has decided to do GoGirl in August! So excited to watch her go on this journey!

4 Years: WE HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 4 YEARS!!! How has this happened! These years have flown by, and I'm so so thankful for Jordan and the life we have built together. There really aren't words to describe it all.

This song...cheesy, but so so good. Makes me feel all of the marriage feels. 
 On our anniversary, Jordan planned a date that mirrored the day we got engaged. He planned horseback riding just like we did at Turkey Run and a picnic afterwards at the campground. It was a beautiful beautiful day. I'm so lucky that Jordan is thoughtful and plans such special things for me.




My beautiful roses that got delivered to work. 

4 years strong. 
He Passed: After dominating grad school for the past 2.5 years, spending a week studying, and enduring a 3 day review course...Jordan officially passed his boards, and is now Jordan Bushnell, FNP-C. To say that I'm proud would be an understatement. The fact that he has done all of this while still working, helping out around the house, and loving me well...does not hit me lightly. When I think about the work that he has put in, I get teary-eyed. I know that sounds crazy, but I really do. I'm literally crying as I type this.

Vincennes: While Jordan spent the weekend at his intensive review course, I went back to Vincennes for a wedding and to volunteer at the TryKnoxCounty Tri. Going back to Vincennes is always the weirdest experience. Staying at the house you grew up in, seeing people you know literally everywhere, the muscle memory that comes back when you're driving...it's all very bizarre.

I'm so glad I was able to see Emily get married. Since 1st grade, we have planned and talked about our weddings. It was so great to see that she has found someone that makes her feel happy and loved. She deserves it. The wedding was a beautiful celebration of what Christ has given us in a partner. Congrats, Emily Lynn Lynn!
Piece of Cake, always always delicious. A Gray staple. 
Last year, TryKnoxCounty was probably my least favorite race of the year. The short swim and the blazing hot run course full of crazy drivers were not my idea of a good time. But, I still love that my hometown is putting on a race and bringing the triathlon lifestyle to Vincennes...so I volunteered. The run course is super lonely(aka NO spectators) so I was excited to be at the halfway point of the run so that I could cheer on the racers and give them a little encouragement. Overall, this was a way better experience than last year.



You know...just chatting up the local police officer about how it's so weird that all of their parents are dead...only in Knox County.
It's A Girl: Pat and Abby announced this week that we're getting another girl in the family in November! Yay for all of the nieces!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment