Saturday, June 3, 2017

And Then May Happened...

May was probably the craziest month of our life. I wish I could say I was being dramatic, but it was absolute craziness! So many good things happened, and it was full of lots of adventure. That being said, it was physically and emotionally exhausting. It's amazing how energized and exhausted you can feel at the same time.

Week 1: Jordan finished his last week of working as an RN, and graduated that Friday evening. I was super weepy the whole ceremony. It was surreal to see what he has worked so hard for the past few years be wrapped up in one night. There were certainly stressful times, but I'm so lucky to have a husband who worked so hard during his degree, and stayed reasonably sane throughout.

Haley invited everyone over to her apartment after the ceremony. I'm so thankful for a family that has been so supportive of us during this whole process.



Week 2: Colorado!!! Our trip to Colorado will get it's own post, but this was one of the most amazing trips I've ever taken. A-maze-ing. 

Week 3: Our first few days back from Colorado were packed. On Saturday we helped Becky celebrate graduating with her Masters in Non-Profit Management, her birthday and her new house! So happy for Becky, the life that she has created, and her success. On Sunday we celebrated Mother's Day at the Bushnell's and Haley graduated from IUPUI! 

On Monday, Jordan started his new job!!! We were able to drive to work together on a few days, and we got into the groove of Jordan working 5 days a week. More than ever, I realized how lucky I was to have Jordan at home a few days a week these past few years. It was so nice to have a load of laundry done, or the floors vacuumed when I got home. I realized how much I took this for granted. We're still adjusting, but I'm so glad that Jordan likes his job and is taking on this crazy challenge. 

On my day off, I was able to tag along with Abby and Ellie. It's so fun to see her grow and change. Thankful for days off to soak up life-20% less salary is worth it. 





Week 4: We have met some great friends in our 4 years in Indianapolis. It makes me kind of weepy-actually, it makes me really weepy. On the 21st, Noel and Katie invited us for a once in a lifetime adventure. Katie's dad is a Corvette entusiast and was given 2 tickets to drive his Corvettes around the Indy 500 track, garage passes, and the chance to watch qualifications. We met Katie and Noel around 8 and drove to the track to get in line for the parade lap around the track. After a monsoon downpour, they drove us around on the wet track...eventually getting up to over 100 mph on the straightaways...it was absolutely terrifying and wonderful. Katie is a boss! After the drive, we were served lunch and wandered around the track and garage. It was fun to meet some of the drivers and get autographs. It was the full "Indianapolis 500" experience. Our friends rock. 







Week 5: We finished out the month with family and much needed Labor Day, 4 day work week. After we hosted Large group, we spent the day at the Bushnell's relaxing. The Bushnell's lost the family dog, Duke, after he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma a few weeks ago. Everyone was really bummed on Sunday, but it was fun to have some laughs and play some games. Towards the end of the day, everyone played a game of wiffle ball...and it was one of those moments that makes your heart feel so full. 


On Memorial Day, we tried to spend the morning riding bikes at Ft. Harrison State Park-bad idea. It was the most packed I've ever seen a park-in my life. Live and learn. Basically we ended up doing a long run that was hot and sunny. In the afternoon we were invited to Bryn's parents for dinner. Love that family. The Candler's are always so kind and Kim is one of the best cooks I've ever met. That evening we met up with our small group. If I've said it once, I've said it a million times-thankful for these people that we're doing life with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment