Friday, March 25, 2016

Wake-Up Call

I haven't blogged/written what I'm thankful for in over a month and a half. February is always a rough month for me. In the past few years, it's become very clear to me that my mood/motivation/energy is the worst in February/early March. It always feels like winter is never going to end, and I'm tired of it being cold and dark. Now that we've "sprung forward" and the weather is warming up, I'm starting to feel human again.

Today I got a very clear wake-up call that it's time to be intentional and thankful again. My job is incredibly rewarding, but is is soooo hard sometimes. Today, a young patient who was done with treatment ran into some very rare complications that will eventually lead to his death. After talking with his wife today, I couldn't help but want to slap myself. I spend a lot of time on myself, my selfishness can lead to a lot of narcissism and negative thinking. So, in honor of this patient and his wife, today I will choose positivity and thankfulness...and I will continue to choose it, even when it is hard.

Mikayla turned 16 Feb. 26th...craziness!!!

The most delicious taco I've ever had...and it was from City BBQ!

February Progress

Baby Ez turned 1!

So thankful for Jordan who takes care of me every morning!

Promise Home got their first baby-Baby David!



Oh face swap...a February classic. 

February Goals. 

Mikayla's Birthday Celebration in Indy.


First Nice Day of Spring.


Signing Up For Races=lots of being nervous.

Finally Seeing the Fruits Of My Training!

One Year Into Getting Healthy.

Baby Ellie Is Getting Wayyyy To Big!!! 3 Months Here

Mikayla In "Legally Blonde"

Rainbow Outside of CityWay After A Long Day Of Rain.

From Katie-Love This!!!


A Patient's Son Brought This To Me...Knowing That I Gave Up Diet Coke For Lent.

Bagpipers on St. Patrick's Day.

March Progress.

Newsies at Butler For My Birthday...So Good! I cried a lot...

Dani did her first race of the year in Puerto Rico-which is ground zero for the Zika Virus...so I was crazy about her making sure she didn't get it, and wearing 100% deet.

Need To Remember This.

Trying a new hydration-makes me feel great, but tastes like you made Tang with ocean water....

First Race Of The Season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment