Monday, September 18, 2017

Date-sy Weekend

With being in Madison last weekend, and a full week behind us. Jordan and I hadn't had much time together to just "be." It's amazing the toll that it takes when you realize that you haven't had any quality time(at least for me, shout out to my numero uno love language!) On Friday after my run, we walked to Fiesta Ranchera and then to the gas station to get dessert #wefancy It was amazing, low key, and one of my favorite dates in a long time.

With summer being almost over, we decided to head to Bloomington on Saturday to hike and explore Lake Lemon. After realizing that the 10 mile trail wasn't all that scenic, we called it after 5 miles...but it was still fun and beautiful out. After the hike, Apple Maps took us on a less than amazing trek to Lake Lemon. Basically, a lot of gravel roads...and then to the residential side of the lake, meaning that we couldn't even get to it. On our way, Jordan asked me what my last memory of Lake Lemon was. "I was about 15, and mom made us get out and hike, but I was 15 and didn't appreciate nature...so I hated the whole experience. Jordan replied, "So now you're your mom, and I'm you." That made me laugh so hard...because, it's true. 



On our way home we listened to a podcast that mentioned fried chicken. After that, all we wanted was The Eagle for dinner. So we went, and it was amazing. When someone asks us what we're waiting for when having kids...this is it. Days like this are amazing. I know that children are going to be amazing, but days filled with hiking, naps, fried chicken, and drinks that make your face numb...these days are amazing too. 



No comments:

Post a Comment