The GoGirl Tri will always have a special place in my heart. This race is where all of it started-the race that was the goal of my first tri summer. Every step of the course holds a memory or a lesson from that first summer. It's emotional and so real.
In ten years I won't care how I preformed, but I did get a 14 second PR(please hold your applause.) But there were some great moments that I want to remember.
Sandy- Sandy ROCKED her first truly "open water swim." This was such an accomplishment for her. She literally learned to swim three years ago! So amazing. Sandy, you are an inspiration to me. I hope that I'm adventurous and awesome like you when I'm in my 50's.
Jordan- My rock. My sherpa. My favorite person. It's so weird to think about my first tri and compare it to this year. The same morning in 2015 was full of nervous yelling, questions that we both didn't know the answers to, and just nerves. Now we have the morning routine so down that we don't even have to talk. I get up. Make my coffee and english muffin. He packs the car and gets the bike ready. It's a beautiful dance that smells like SPF50 and Body Glide. There is no way that I would still be doing triathlon(at least not enjoying it like I do) if it wasn't for Jordan.
| Running up the dreaded hill. My biggest win is that I didn't have to stop and walk. I thought about it, but didn't have to! |
Indians Game With The Bushnell Fam-Terry and Carole are always so sweet to find ways to get the whole family together. After GoGirl and a quick nap, we headed downtown for an Indian's game in our own suite. Dinner, drinks, and dessert were all waiting for us when we got there. It was a beautiful night-one of the prettiest of the summer. Logan, Kathryn, Megan, Jess, and Jerry joined us too. It was a great night, and an exciting game. So thankful for family.
Sunday was spent watching the first Bears game of the season(it's going to be a looooong season,) and cuddling sweet babies. Ellie and Katie are both growing way to fast, and getting personalities of their own. It's awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment