1. Cleo: My family's cat is still alive...I can't get over it. My parent's paid for her to have surgery, and are slowly nursing her back to health. She still can't walk, and they do literally EVERYTHING for her. It's unbelievable and also kind of hilarious.
3. Greenery: This one feels really silly. I have been obsessed with these leaves for a long time. It seems like every home stylist/blogger uses these, and I assumed that I didn't have access to them...Wrong!!! They were hiding at Kroger, for a mere...$5! They are my favorite and make our apartment feel like I'm Studio McGee.
5. The Journey: I'm so thankful for the struggle that is living a healthy life. Sometimes workouts suck, sometimes eating vegetables is terrible, and honestly...sometimes thinking about it all makes me crazy. BUT, I'm so thankful for a healthy body, a supportive husband, and friends and family who encourage me on the daily.
6. Haley: Haley is back in Indy! She came over for the first time last night to have me pop all the blisters on her feet that she had gotten from walking around campus that day. It was hilarious, and made me grateful for her, and the fact that we have an easy relationship.
7. Papersource: I freaking love this store. I could spend all day...and all of my $$$ there. I love cards and stationary. This was one of my favorites from the day.
8. Don't Think Twice: I treated myself to a solo movie date on my off-day last week. I have wanted to see this movie for a long time, but it's only showing at the Fashion Mall...way. up. north. Boo. I took the day to myself and did some shopping and then went to the movie.
I was completely oblivious to the fact that we were supposed to get pretty severe tornado weather that day. Long story made short: the movie stopped playing and we were directed to immediately go to the "Safe Place" aka the Nordstrom shoe department. After an hour of waiting, we were told that it was safe to leave. The theater finished the movie (it literally had 10 minutes left, which made me laugh.) After the movie was over, I went to finish my shopping and immediately got directed back to the "Safe Place" for another 30 minutes. Gah! It was ridiculous. Bottom line, I'm thankful to be alive and safe. There were tornados that caused serious damage in Kokomo and a funnel cloud even came within blocks from my work. Though I doubt the shoe department would have kept me safe...I'm glad I didn't have to find out.
P.S. The movie was fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment