Sunday, January 17, 2016

Nap Queen



Call it the middle of January, call it getting into the swing of a new year...but this week was exhausting...like I went to bed at 7 on Thursday exhausting.
This shirt seemed appropriate this week...should have bought it...
Life With Intention
I can't seem to finish my goals this year. I have a feeling that means that I'm thinking about them too much...now I'm thinking about that too much...I'm on a crazy cycle. In the meantime, I'm practicing fulfilling one intention every week and continuing to work on my quiet/coloring time. 

I continue to struggle with "crashing the chatter box." This is sooo important for me to remember.


"Deep Sixed" series continues.
Remembering this week that "discipline seems painful...but it later yields the peaceful fruit..."

Framily
Since Jordan had to work on Friday, I was able to hang out and have "girl time" with Erica, Abby, and baby Ellie. I love that our weeks are starting include consistent cuddles with this adorable babe. 





On Saturday, Jordan came with me and Brit to morning cycle at the Y. It was a new instructor, and the class was amazing...we both had a crush on Maria. 

Since we burned a crazy amount of calories in the morning, we felt much less guilty about trying out a new fried chicken restaurant, The Eagle. We met up with Corey and Brit, and Noel on Mass Ave. The Eagle recently opened and is insanely popular, with good reason...the food and drinks were absolutely delicious. Anytime with these folks is always great.
I mean...it had CANDIED BACON in it...

I don't think you could have fit one more carb on the table...
After dinner, we headed to Pat and Abby's again to watch the Packer's(Pat's favorite) playoff game. It was fun to see the whole family and get even more cuddles with Ellie.
Those eyes though...

Music
I'm so thankful for Pandora, Spotify and all the crazy musical things available these days. It's amazing the memories that music can bring back and the ease that lyrics come flooding back even when you haven't heard the song in years. 
I listened to this song on repeat for a good 12 times
 this weekend-15 y/o Heidi was in heaven. 
The country jams were in full swing this weekend.
Progress
I haven't moved way forward, but I haven't moved backward either. Progress is progress. 
Yeah...I don't smile in these things...



No comments:

Post a Comment