Haley Found A Cat: Haley was nice enough to rescue a cat that she found at our apartment complex. She took a ton of time to find a place to take it. It was really sweet, and I'm proud of her for taking the time to be so sweet to this poor cat.
Unfortunately...a couple of days later, we found out that the cat belonged to a co-worker of Jordan's that had dumped it because it wouldn't use the litter box. I am still mad. People are ridiculous. Take it to a shelter, people!!!
Motivation: Real talk-it's hard to give 100% of my energy towards living a healthy lifestyle 24/7. There is a reason why the majority of the world doesn't do triathlon-it's a lot of time and effort. But, quotes like this are encouraging.
First Races Of 2016: Race season is here! On Saturday, I did the Rock the Block 5k at Center Grove High School. The roads were suuuuper crowded, and due to a nervous bladder, I jumped in at the very end of the pack-that's a lot of strollers and children to dodge. I didn't make my goal of 28 minutes (29:11), but I still ran in a way that I can be proud of myself. It was my personal best-and now the number to beat!
Carmel Sprint Tri: I told myself I wasn't going to be nervous-WRONG! The flu got Brittany down at the last minute, so this was technically the first time that I had compete in a race without a friend there...this was rough for Jordan, he had to take in all of my nervous energy. Per the usual, all the nerves went away the second that I jumped in the pool. The pool swim was a loooot easier than I had anticipated, and it gave me a ton of confidence to finish the race well. The bike was rough-I have to get off of my hybrid-it sucks the energy right out of me. The run was so much easier than in the past races-it's amazing what great training will do for you. Dani has been a great coach and I surprised at how often I referenced her advice during the entire race. I never had to walk, and I was able to finish strong. I finished the race in 1:21:53, my best time yet! Can't wait for the rest of the year, and to keep improving. Big shout out to my husband for tagging along all weekend and being the best helper at races, EVER!
No comments:
Post a Comment