Saturday, April 30, 2016

Grateful At The End Of April

Small Problems: I'm grateful that I have small problems. I got stuck at the pharmacy for 45 minutes this week-and walked out with nothing. I was furious. As soon as I got angry, I was so thankful that this was the only thing I had to be angry at.

Tim Keller Podcasts: This guy can preach. I'm grateful for challenging content that points me towards a life lived for Christ, but something that I can also understand and unpack in a reasonable amount of time.

My Patients: This makes the list often. One patient in particular tugged at my heartstrings this week. I feel so honored to be a part of this life stage with people. Some days it really really sucks, but I'm honored, and I feel like it's a big part of my life purpose.

Genuine Work Friends: Not everyone loves who they work with. I don't love everyone, but I'm so lucky to have a few. This week, Katie had to hear me be bitter...I was annoying. She listened. I'm so grateful for that. Earlier that week, I was struggling with the low parts of my job AKA having to watch people slowly die. Dani heard me out and encouraged me. So grateful. My friends rock. 

Swimming: I'm so grateful that my parents taught me to swim at a young age. I have no fear of water and I have a solid grip on technique. I recently realized how rare this is. Most of my friends and adults I know don't even know HOW to swim, what?! So grateful that my mom was so insistent on this when we were young!

My Husband: He should be at the top of all of my grateful lists. He's a stud. He's juggling a million things right now, and doing a great job at all of them. Also, I'm hormonal and crazy, and he's handling that like a boss. Love him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment