Sister-in-laws: On Thursday, I met up with Erica and Abby for dinner at Scotty's-in honor of Abby's birthday. I'm so thankful for sil's that are normal, loving, and are great friends to me. And as always, Ellie was adorable.
My Patients: Recently we lost a patient way too young. It was a tragic situation that hit me a lot harder than usual. I randomly ran into the patient's wife when I was at Scotty's on Thursday. His family had come directly from his service, so I was able to meet his sons. It felt like an odd sense of closure to be able to see his family and speak with his wife. I am so thankful for this job because of the opportunities it puts me in to love on the patient's and their families...and hopefully show them a little bit of Jesus along the way.
Body Building: This weekend was hilarious. James had 5 clients competing in the "Midwest Battle of the Champions" downtown at the Murat. It was so fun to get to hang out with James and Jenna at the morning show, and learn all about how this sport is judged, the politics, and the crazy lengths that these athletes go to to look the way they do. Jordan came with me to the night show, and Tori and Issac met us there. The evening show is a lot more fun, and the athletes do a lot more posing and routines. It was great...and hilarious...and crazy. It was a lot of fun for me to see how happy Jenna and James were to see their athletes do so well. Jordan is glad I chose triathlon...
Sunshine: It was so nice to have sunshine on Sunday. It was still pretty windy and too cold just to be outside, but it was perfect to workout in.
|
No comments:
Post a Comment