Saturday, April 30, 2016

"You look like you're struggling..."

The Bike Angel: After my first tri of the season, it was time to grow a pair and learn how to clip in and ride my road bike. I decided to go to a park where there would be no one around, and I could have my meltdown in private. For the first 30 minutes I literally wrestled my bike and shoes trying to figure out how to work everything-it was rough. Towards the end of my struggle, an older man who had just finished his run came over to me, "You look like you're struggling...have you ever clipped in before?" I proceeded to have a full-out meltdown. This guy must have daughters because he didn't even flinch when I started crying. He calmed me down, encouraged me, and walked me through the best way to go about clipping in. He was seriously an angel in a USAT visor-not kidding. I eventually got the courage to clip in. I fell once, but it's a start. 

Roka R1 Goggles: I got new goggles. Happy dance. They feel great and I can see all the things. Yay for modern convenience. 


Oils: On Thursday I had a super stiff neck. At the suggestion of a co-worker, I used some oil that helps her with stiff necks. BIG MISTAKE! It literally burnt my neck for a solid 10 hours. Especially after I tried to wash it off and went on a 4 mile run-I was on FIRE. I ended up sitting with a paper towel saturated in milk around my neck at the end of the night. It's funny now-not so much then. Never again capsaicin, never again.


Bob Seger Pandora- I started listening to this after seeing it suggested by someone on Facebook this week. I can't stop listening to it. Every single song makes me feel like I'm 10 years-old in my dad's truck. Love. It. 


No comments:

Post a Comment